We are a bridge, a secure way to connect you to the services you want.
All our collaborators are licensed tour guides, anthropologists or art historians, professionals who are warm hosts anad speak excellent English. They will accompany and guide you during the entire tour, and you will enter the museums we visit.
Tours are available every day, all year.
Visit our sister company’s website to see our options for Oaxaca, too!
With small group tours , you choose a route and a day, and give us your range of flexibility. We put you together with others, in order to give you the lowest price possible. For example in the Mexico City walking tour, for a single person the tour costs USD$120, but if your group grows to 5 people, you only pay USD$45 per person! To ensure you have the best experience, we limit group size to 6 people.
With private tours, you get the full service we are already well-known for on TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet, National Geographic and other guide books. This includes:
- A plan for your whole time in Mexico City, which we develop together.
- The flexibility to adjust your tours as needed, even on the day of the tour
- Recommendations of other companies’ tours that may be of interest to you
- Suggestions for hotels, markets and restaurants
- Support at all times during your stay in Mexico City. The cost of a private tour includes your day trip and a one-time trip preparation fee, to help you with lodging suggestions and recommendations for your entire stay in the city.
Journeys Beyond the Surface is recommended in Lonely Planet’s Guides to Mexico,the National Geographic Traveler guide to Mexico (3rd Edition) and TripAdvisor, among others