Our Mexico City tours are structured as follows:
- All are private: just you and your guide. Full day lasts 8 hours, half day is 4 hours. We try to figure out in advance what you want to see, but the day’s schedule is flexible even on the day of your tour; we can make many changes, within the limits of time and distance. Just let us know.
- All Journeys guides are extremely knowledgeable and speak excellent English. They will never waste your time on taking you to exhibitions or stores where you are “suggested” to purchase, or to restaurants that pay them a commission, nor will they give you “free time” during the period you have contracted to have them guide you, nor cut your day short of 8 hours. We are not the cheapest service, but our guides receive a fair day’s wage for their valuable knowledge and expertise. They are not interested in wasting your precious guided time, trying to make you buy things.
- You can have a tour with or without car. Without car, you walk and take public transport and the occasional taxi, together with your guide.
- The price includes my support and the guide. Does not include public transport or taxi fares, nor entrance fees, food, or anything else.
To secure a tour, you pay a deposit, which is partial payment on the tour you want to reserve. The remainder is payable in pesos, on the day of the tour.
For the year 2017, each guided tour (total, for 1-3 people) costs:
- Without car, full day: USD $215
- With guide’s car, in Mexico City: USD $260
- With guide’s car, to include the Pyramids of Teotihuacan (an hour and half drive from the city, on toll roads): USD$ 270
- A day trip to one of the following: Puebla, Taxco, Tula, Valle de Bravo (Monarch Butterflies Dec.-Feb) or Cuernavaca (each including nearby sites) costs USD$ 370 with guide’s car and generally lasts 11 hours.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!
For 4 or more people, the price increases slightly. All prices with car include gasoline, toll fees on the highway, and parking.
We can also provide you with a tour guide plus a separate driver who would drive the car or van or even full-sized bus, if your group is that large.